France—Performing Arts Live!
Aix en Provence, France
Arrive Date: June 23, 2018 End Date: July 21, 2018
Under the guidance of UC Davis professor and composer Pablo Ortiz, you will attend a variety of live events within the Aix en Provence Performing Arts Festival, including opera, ballet, and concerts. In addition to attending performances and rehearsals, you will learn about the behind-the-scenes work of set design, stage management, and other production elements that contribute to the experience of a live event. In an increasingly digitalized world, this program is a once-in-lifetime opportunity to study and appreciate the creativity and intimacy of live music and dance, while savoring the exquisite food and landscape of the south of France.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 12
Program Coordinator: Jennifer Moylan
Music (MUS) 121. Topics in Music Scholarship (4 units)
Music (MUS) 198. Directed Group Study (4 units, P/NP)
- Attend the world famous Aix en Provence Festival.
- Enjoy three opera performances with pre-performance lectures and concerts.
- Attend Ballet Preljocaj rehearsals and productions.
- Participate in a field trip to Marseille.
- Enjoy and learn about French culture and cuisine.
- Art Studio in Paris and the French Riviera (France)
- Buenos Aires—Music, Film and Culture in the Global City (Argentina)
- World Cinema and the European Film Festival (France, Switzerland)
- Rome—Art, Culture, History in the Eternal City (Italy)
- Other Programs in Music
- Other Programs in Europe