Fashion Marketing in Paris
Arrive Date: July 2, 2018 End Date: July 30, 2018
Paris is the fashion capital of the world. Time spent in this glorious city is a defining experience for anyone interested in fashion and marketing. This four-week program will cover the principles of marketing, with a fashion orientation. Course assignments will often require experiencing and observing fashion and marketing by visiting boutiques, museums, and department stores and partaking in several favorite Parisian pastimes—outdoor cafes, people watching, shopping, and sightseeing. Day trips to the Château de Versailles, the Christian Dior Museum in Granville, and Lyon will provide an opportunity to further explore life and culture in France. Listen to the Info Session.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Jennifer Moylan
Textiles and Clothing (TXC) 173. Principles of Fashion Marketing (3 units)
Textiles and Clothing (TXC) 198. Directed Group Study (5 units, P/NP)
- Experience marketing with a Parisian flare with visits to fashion archives, museums, Giverny, Versailles, and Christian Dior’s home in Normandy.
- Fall in love with Paris while enjoying outdoor cafes, fashion boutiques, walks along the Seine and experiencing Parisian lifestyle on the Left Bank.
- Meet other students interested in fashion, explore the fashion boutiques and department stores of Paris, and discover marketing in an international setting.
- Art Studio in Paris and the French Riviera (France)
- Hidden Gem (Portugal)
- Design in Europe (UK & Netherlands)
- Filmmaking in Ireland (Ireland)
- Performing Arts Live! (France)
- Other Programs in Textiles and Clothing
- Other Programs in Europe