Art Studio in Paris and the French Riviera
Paris & Riviera, France
Arrive Date: June 25, 2018 End Date: July 22, 2018
In this program, we will explore Paris and the French countryside by drawing and painting on-site, in museums, and from live models. We begin the program in a beautiful chateau situated on a sandy beach overlooking the Mediterranean—a landscape that inspired the Impressionists. There will be field trips to Le Cannet, Nice, and Vence—focusing on the works of Matisse, Bonnard, and Picasso. We then move to Paris where we will have access to its rich store of painting, sculpture, and architecture, visiting museums such as the Louvre, Centre Pompidou, Musée Picasso, and Musée d’Orsay; drawing from works in the museums will be combined with work in the studio and around the city. Students will work on paper with drawing materials and acrylic paints. Award Opportunity: $1,000 Art Studio Award for Art Majors. Also: $1560 Award for Pell Grant recipients.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 24
Program Coordinator: Greg Gundersen
Instructors: Gina Werfel, Hearne Pardee
Art Studio (ART) 103B. Intermediate Drawing: Color (4 units)
Or for advanced students who have taken ART 103B:
Art Studio (ART) 105A. Advanced Drawing: Studio Projects (4 units)
Art Studio (ART) 198 Directed Group Study (4 units, P/NP)
Prerequisites: Summer Abroad will be enforcing prerequisites for this program.
- Live in a beautiful restored Chateau and Villa on the French Riviera, with rooms overlooking the Mediterranean.
- Live and study in central Paris.
- Study art in world-renowned museums in Paris—Louvre, Musee d’Orsay, etc.
- Fashion Marketing in Paris (France)
- Design in Europe (United Kingdom & Netherlands)
- Filmmaking in Ireland (Ireland)
- Buenos Aires—Music, Film and Culture in the Global City (Argentina)
- Performing Arts Live! (France)
- Other Programs in Art Studio
- Other Programs in Europe