Buenos Aires—Music, Film and Culture in the Global City
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arrive Date: TBD End Date: TBD
In this program, we will study how Buenos Aires has been imagined and represented by contemporary writers, filmmakers, visual artists, musicians, and photographers. Moving freely in and out of the classroom setting, we will encounter firsthand the city's many cultural offerings: eclectic architecture, film and music festivals, theaters, and world famous street art. The close study of the city's vibrant and cosmopolitan culture will allow for a deeper understanding of Argentina's complex history and its relationship to other Latin American countries.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Erin Schlemmer
Spanish (SPA) 175. Topics in Spanish American Cultural Studies (4 units, taught in English)
Spanish (SPA) 198. Directed Group Study (4 units, P/NP)
- Enjoy one of the lowest-cost summer abroad programs!
- Learn to prepare typical specialties of the Argentine cuisine during a cooking class.
- Get lost in the San Telmo market, one of the largest street fairs in the world.
- Experience the Buenos Aires nightlife, the "city that never sleeps."
- Live in Chic Palermo Soho and enjoy the wonderful and affordable world class cuisine.
- Performing Arts Live! (France)
- World Cinema and the European Film Festival (France & Switzerland)
- Argentina: Spanish Language & Culture in Mendoza (Quarter Abroad)
- Rome – Art, Culture, History in the Eternal City (Italy)
- Ireland - Filmmaking (Ireland)
- Other Programs in Spanish
- Other Programs in Latin America