UC Davis Summer Abroad
- Microbiology in the Kingdom of Smiles (Thailand)
- Introduction to Winemaking (France)
- Ecological and Social Issues at Lake Atitlan (Guatemala)
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (Europe)
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
- Brewing Science (UK)
UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships
- Global Health Internship—Pediatric Health in La Paz (Bolivia)
- Global Health Internship—Primary Care and Rural Medicine in Tarija (Bolivia)
- Global Health Internship—Public Health in New Delhi and Primary Care in Rural Himalayas (India)
- Global Health Internship—Remote Island Medicine (Philippines)
- Global Health Internship—Healthcare Challenges in Cape Town (South Africa)
- Global Health Internship—Hospital Medicine & Infectious Disease in Durban (South Africa)
- Global Health Internship—Community Health & Native Healing (Hawaii—USA)
UC Davis Quarter Abroad
- Latino/a Health Internship in Oaxaca (Mexico)
UC Davis Seminars Abroad
- Seminars Abroad are short-term programs (2-3 weeks)—offered during Winter break—where students can earn credits toward your GE or the Global and International Studies minor.
UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- Lab Research, Engineering & Science, Osaka University (Japan)
- Engineering & Science in English, Tohoku University (Japan)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- University College Cork (Ireland)
- University of Cape Town (South Africa)
- Search all UCEAP programs in Microbiology
- Before going abroad, it is always a good idea to consult with your major advisor about your study abroad plans. For some programs, such as UCEAP, you are required to meet with your major advisor as part of the application process. You may be able to fulfill many major requirements while abroad so it’s recommended, and sometimes mandatory, to create an academic plan with your major advisor while applying for a particular study abroad program.
- While abroad, you may need to remain in contact with your major advisor for academic advising regarding specific courses.
- Be sure to keep all course descriptions and syllabi!
When you return, see your major advisor as needed.
Review Major/Minor Requirements: UC Davis Microbiology Department Website
Meet With Your Advisor: UC Davis Microbiology Advising