UC Davis Summer Abroad
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (Europe)
- Ecological & Social Issues at Lake Atitlan (Guatemala)
- Microbiology in the Kingdom of Smiles (Thailand)
- Life Sciences (Japan)
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Ireland)
UC Davis Summer Abroad Internships
- Global Health—Pediatric Health in La Paz (Bolivia)
- Global Health—Primary Care & Health Justice in Tarija (Bolivia)
- Global Health—Public Health in New Delhi and Primary Care in Rural Himalayas (India)
- Global Health—Healthcare Challenges in Cape Town (South Africa)
- Global Health—Hospital Medicine & Infectious Disease in Durban (South Africa)
- Global Health—Remote Island Medicine (Philippines)
UC Davis Quarter Abroad
- Complete three quarters of language study in just one quarter abroad (Argentina, Italy, Japan, Spain) or participate in a quarter-long internship in a number of professional fields (UK-London, Australia). Quarter Abroad also offers a Chemistry program in Taiwan, a Pre-Health internship in Mexico and a new political science program at the London School of Economics (LSE).
UC Davis Seminars Abroad
- Equine Welfare and Management (Poland)
UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- University of Queensland (Australia)
- University of Edinburgh (Scotland, UK)
- Tropical Biology & Conservation, Monteverde Institute (Costa Rica)
- University of Cape Town (South Africa)
- Pembroke/King’s College, University of Cambridge (UK)
- Search all UCEAP programs in Biological Sciences
- Before going abroad, it is always a good idea to consult with your major advisor about your study abroad plans. For some programs, such as UCEAP, you are required to meet with your major advisor as part of the application process. You may be able to fulfill many major requirements while abroad so it’s recommended, and sometimes mandatory, to create an academic plan with your major advisor while applying for a particular study abroad program.
- While abroad, you may need to remain in contact with your major advisor for academic advising regarding specific courses.
- Be sure to keep all course descriptions and syllabi!
When you return, see your major advisor as needed.
Review Major/Minor Requirements: UC Davis Biological Sciences Majors
Meet With Your Advisor: UC Davis Biological Sciences Advising