New Zealand—Business & Communication
Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand
Arrive Date: July 10, 2019 End Date: September 7, 2019
Business and Communication Internships in New Zealand provide a comprehensive academic, professional and cultural experience in a land of adventure and natural beauty. Participants have the opportunity to gain marketable skills while learning about professional life in an international context. Opportunities are available in a range of business-related fields, including Marketing, Communication, Web Design, Event Management, Hospitality and Tourism, and more.
Students will spend approximately 32 hours per week at their internship and another 8 hours per week for the online course facilitated by a UC Davis instructor. Other program components include excursions and an extensive on-site orientation to help student integrate into the city, their cohort and their internship.
Taught in: English (course taught remotely)
Max Enrollment: 21
Program Coordinator: Aspen Felt
Education Abroad Program (EAP) 192. Internship (6 units)
Students will intern approximately 32 hours per week at their host company and will be able to apply for transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center.
University Writing Program (UWP) 198. Writing for Internships (2 units, P/NP)
Students will participate in a professional internship for ~32 hours per week. Internship details, placement information, and sample internships.
This program is open to students who meet the eligibility requirements
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts
- Tremendous opportunity to make exciting cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point