Summer Internships in Australia - Travel

UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Internship Abroad Australia, Veterinary Science, Agriculture & Agribusiness Program, Header Image, Travel Page

Australia—Agriculture & Veterinary Science

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to Australia. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Instructions on how to get to the program accommodations will be available to enrolled students in their Program Specific Guide (PSG). The PSG will be sent via email to the program listserv by May.

for country-specific travel information.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

A visa is required for this program.  Information about the visa process will be sent to enrolled students. The cost is approximately $250 and not included in the program fee.

Note: if you intend to participate in another study, intern or travel program immediately beforehand or afterword, you are responsible for your visa situation. Make sure to take this program into account when figuring out your visa requirements. Study Abroad can provide you a verification of enrollment letter when requested.

Participants must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months AFTER their expected departure date from Australia. In addition, Australian immigration requires the participant to show proof of financial capacity to support their stay in Australia and meet the eligibility requirements. For more details please contact your program coordinator.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A passport is required for this program.

Non-U.S. citizens should contact their Consulate to verify specific entry requirements for the specialty visa ISA Internship uses. As these requirements vary based on citizenship, non-U.S. citizens may not be permitted to travel to Australia. Other options include the Work and Holiday or Working Holiday visa, depending on the participants nationality. Also, visa fees for non-U.S. citizens may differ so please be sure to check specific consulate's website for the most up to date information.

Note: Embassy and consulate contact information is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the website of the embassy or consulate to verify information.

Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa. Study Abroad will supply a verification of enrollment or other necessary documents for non-U.S. citizens upon request.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa interested in studying abroad, should ensure the US visa in their passport has at least 90 days validity remaining whenever they travel abroad. If the US visa expires or is about to expire (even if the I-20 is current), students may be required to apply for the visa to their study abroad country in their home country.

Non-US citizens unable to gain access to the study abroad country will be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research entry to their destination country well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.

Embassies and Consulates