To be eligible to apply for UC Davis Student Exchanges, you must
- Be a registered UC Davis student—from the date of enrollment through the program end date;
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.5 or above;
- Be in good disciplinary standing; and
- Meet any program specific requirements or prerequisites (see individual program pages for details).
NOTE: If you have not fulfilled all of the program prerequisites, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your eligibility.
How to Enroll
UC Davis Student Exchanges have limited space available and enrollment is accepted on a first-completed, first reserved basis so students are encouraged to submit enrollment early. Fall 2019 enrollment is January 9, 2019 - March 1, 2019.
- Create a Study Abroad account
- Fill out your profile with your programs of interest
- Meet with the departmental advisor and/or program faculty to discuss your interest in the program and how it fits into your academic plan.
- Start gathering enrollment materials such as your Study Plan Proposal and Passport Copy
- Starting on January 9, 2019, start your enrollment by clicking "Apply Here" in the top menu and select a term next to your program. Complete all steps of the Enrollment section and submit your enrollment. The last day to enroll for open programs for Fall 2019 is March 1, 2019.
Students who complete the enrollment steps listed above, meet the program eligibility requirements, and are saved a spot in the program will be “conditionally enrolled.”
Students will be notified via email if they are “conditionally enrolled.” To become “fully enrolled,” students must complete the ‘next steps’ outlined in subsequent emails. These ‘next steps’ vary by exchange program, but will include department approval, nomination to host university, and host university acceptance.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns about the enrollment process.
Dates & Deadlines
- Viticulture and Enology in Australia at Adelaide University: Fall 2019
Adelaide University: July 2019 Start
Enrollment Opens January 9, 2019 Enrollment Deadline March 1, 2019 Department Approval Process March - April, 2019 Department Approval Notifications sent by April 1, 2019 Student Nominations Sent to Host University by April 15, 2019 Health Clearance due by
May 1, 2019
- Viticulture and Enology in Australia at Adelaide University: Spring 2020
Adelaide University: Spring 2020 Start
Enrollment Opens May 1, 2019 Enrollment Deadline June 21, 2019 Department Approval Process July - August, 2019 Department Approval Notifications sent by Oct 1, 2019 Student Nominations Sent to Host University by Oct 15, 2019 Health Clearance due by
Nov 1, 2019
- Engineering in Germany at RWTH Aachen University: Spring 2020
RWTH Aachen University: March 2020 Start
Enrollment Opens May 1, 2019 Enrollment Deadline June 21, 2019 Department Approval Process July - August, 2019 Department Approval Notifications sent by Oct 1, 2019 Student Nominations Sent to Host University by Oct 31, 2019 Health Clearance due by Nov 1, 2019
A photocopy of the biographical page of your passport must be submitted with your UC Davis Student Exchanges enrollment. Please make sure that your passport will remain valid for 6 months after the day you plan to return from the program.
Don't have a passport? That's ok! Submit a receipt as proof that you have applied for one in lieu of your passport. When you receive your passport, you must upload a copy to your enrollment right away. For more information on getting a passport, please visit the U.S. State Department website or UC Davis ARC.