Virtual – Education and Social Change
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 25
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Career Area – Education & Social Change
This six-week virtual internship and seminar will focus on the role of local and community-based organizations in supporting education and social change initiatives in Chile. As an intern, you will work on projects related to education and social change in placements that may range from: rural schools, private schools, university, teachers union, community TV channel, and educational advocacy non-profit organizations, You’ll learn about education in the Latin American and Chilean context, social change and social movements in education and Chilean society, educational reforms, and perspectives on equity and quality in education.
Prior to and during your internship you will take part in a seminar course. The seminar starts with training modules to prepare and support you in your internship. Each week you will participate in reflection and discussion sessions, in addition to writing and presentation assignments.
This program is provided by SIT Study Abroad, a non-profit, international organization focusing on critical global issues around the world.
- Gain an understanding of social change and social movements in education in Chilean society.
- Contribute to the work of important education or social justice organizations.
- Enhance your skills using digital tools and accomplishing remote-based work.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in global contexts.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Education in Hawaii (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Education in Thailand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Global Policy and Social Impact Virtual Summer Internships
- Search other Virtual Global Learning Opportunities
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities