For students interested in taking their college experience global, UC Davis Summer Abroad is offering six exciting new programs this summer, with enrollment open until April 5, 2019. These programs are taught onsite by UC Davis faculty or in partnership with local faculty:
- “Sex and Space: Gender in Architecture”— study iconic structures and ground-breaking designs in Paris and beyond;
- “Viking Visions” – explore the tales of Thor, Odin, Freya in evocative settings in Iceland, Germany, and Denmark;
- “Global Fashion in China” – study fashion design and global textile production in the Yangtze Delta area;
- “NPB 100 in Bucharest” – venture away from the crowds to study Neurobiology in intriguing Romania;
- “STA 100 in Cork” – study Statistics for Bio Sci in the student-friendly hub of Cork in southern Ireland;
- “BIS 2B in Dublin” – take a key Bio Sci course in a small-group setting at University College Dublin;
Space is also available in returning programs such as “Exercise and Wellness” in Prague, “Americans in Paris,” and “The Grand Tour,” a once-in-a-lifetime voyage from London to Paris to the Alps to Rome.
Students can choose programs with courses that satisfy requirements for majors or minors, or take a break from their usual studies to explore other interests and passions.
About UC Davis Study Abroad
UC Davis Study Abroad integrates global opportunities into the academic experience, supporting 1,300 students each year in studying across 30 countries, exploring the world, and gaining valuable skills and competencies. In the quest for Global Education for All, Study Abroad goes beyond traditional programs to meet the academic, personal and professional needs of UC Davis’ diverse and driven student body.
As a part of Global Affairs at UC Davis, Study Abroad aims to inspire global curiosity, understanding, and engagement.