Health and Safety
The best way to achieve a healthy and safe study abroad experience is to inform yourself about basic health and safety issues before leaving the U.S., and to make informed, responsible and reasonable decisions once abroad.
- carefully read all pre-departure materials
- register your trip with the US Department of State
- review State Department health and safety information for your specific country
- pay close attention at pre-departure and on-site orientations
- ask questions
- become familiar with on-site emergency contacts and plans
- stay abreast of local developments behave responsibly
The links at the right provide information and resources for common concerns.