UC Davis Summer Abroad
Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle
Arrive Date: June 20, 2017 End Date: July 25, 2017
Take Biological Sciences 2A in beautiful, green Ireland at University College Cork (UCC). The course will be taught by UCC faculty with oversight by UC Davis faculty. UCC is one of Ireland’s top schools with a world-class department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Cork, the second largest city in Ireland, is a vibrant community that combines a welcoming small-town feel with the amenities of a cosmopolitan center, including ease of travel by air to London (one hour), Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, and other European capitals. The 5-week program includes field trips on the biology and culture of Ireland, to local landmarks in County Cork, the Burren and cliffs of Moher in County Clare, and to Dublin.
Instructors: Mitchell Singer
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 40
Program Coordinator: Sarah Wiens
Biological Sciences (BIS) 2A. Essentials of Life on Earth (5 units)
Biological Sciences (BIS) 198. Directed Group Study (3 units, P/NP)
- Explore Ireland’s breathtaking southern coast, learn Irish dance and listen to Irish music.
- Tour the great diversity of geographies, from the rugged coastlines of Southern Ireland, to the bustling harbor of Cobh to the cultural center of Cork.
- Learn biology at the beautiful, historic University College Cork, founded in 1845.
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (Austria, France, UK, Sweden)
- Celtic Connections (Ireland, France, Spain)
- Life Sciences (Japan)