UC Davis Summer Abroad
Ecological and Social Issues at
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
This program brings students to the beautiful Lake Atitlan in the highlands of Guatemala and exposes them to a great variety of complex ecological, social and political issues related to the lake and surrounding communities. Lectures and readings for Ecology, Nature and Society will be complemented by several field trips to local communities, various NGO’s projects, and University del Valle campus...
UC Davis Summer Abroad programs offer students short, intensive academic courses that are complemented with a wealth of excursions and cultural activities. All of our programs are built around UC Davis courses and are led by UC Davis faculty. Many provide opportunities for students to visit non-English speaking countries while doing their coursework in English. Class sizes are small — 18-30 students — allowing for an intimate learning experience. UC Davis Summer Abroad is open to all University of California students and students from other US institutions. Create a Study Abroad Account!
- South Africa, "From City to Safari"
- South Africa, "Healthcare Challenges in Cape Town" (Internship)
- Turkey, "Classical & Underwater Archaeology"
- Australia, "Urban to Outback"
- China, "A Taste of China"
- India, "Rural/Urban Himalayan Rotation" (Internship)
- Japan, "Life Sciences in Japan"
- Japan, "Japanese Popular Culture in Tradition"
- Japan, "Earthquake Hazards Mitigation in Japan"
- New Zealand, Business & Management (Internship)
- Hong Kong, Business & Management (Internship)
- South Korea, "Sustainable Energy Technologies"
- Taiwan, "Literature and Film"
- Thailand, "Microbiology Lab in the Kingdom of Smiles"
- Czech Republic, "Exercise & Wellness"
- France, "Introduction to Winemaking"
- France, "Americans in Paris"
- France, "Art Studio in Paris and the French Riviera"
- France, "Fashion Marketing in Paris"
- Greece, "Travelers in Greece"
- Iceland, "Thermodynamics in the Land of Fire and Ice"
- Italy, "Engineering of Roman Construction"
- Italy, "Italian Culture and Institutions"
- Italy, "Renaissance Italy and the Birth of Modern Europe"
- Spain, "Housing and Urbanism in Barcelona"
- Spain, "Spanish Art"
- Switzerland, "The Politics of Global Inequality"
- United Kingdom, "At the Crossroads of Gender and Communication"
- United Kingdom, "Design in Britain — Inside and Outside Museum Walls"
- United Kingdom, "Oxford — Portal to Fanstasy"
- United Kingdom, "Scottish Tales"
- United Kingdom, "Shakespeare — Live!"
- Austria, "Vienna & Budapest — Crossroads of Central Europe"
- Austria, UK, France, "Genetics—From Mendel to Genomes"
- Austria, Czech Republic, UK, "Genetics—The Global Language of Biology"
- France, Switzerland, "World Cinema and the European Film Festival"
- Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, "Sustainable Cities of Northern Europe"
- Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, "Celtic Connections"
- UK, France, Italy, "The Grand Tour"
- Argentina, "Buenos Aires — Music, Film and Culture in the Global City"
- Bolivia, "Pediatric Health and Adolescent Medicine in La Paz" (Internship)
- Chile, "Human Rights and Democracy in Chile"
- Cuba, "Narratives of Resistance"
- Dominican Republic, Humanitarian Projects in Santo Domingo or Santiago (Internship)
- Ecuador, "Sustainable Ecuador — From the Andes to the Amazon"
- Guatemala, "Ecological and Social Issues at Lake Atitlan, Guatemala"
- Mexico, "Chiapas—Literary and Social Movements"
- Peru, "History of the Andean Region"
- Peru, Microenterprise (Internship)