UC Davis Summer Abroad
Australia — Urban to Outback
During our three weeks in Melbourne and one week in the remote outback, we will encounter Australia’s natural wonders and cultural complexities by examining its literature, history, film, environment, and wildlife. Readings will focus on themes of individual and national identity and the tensions between a colonial and an indigenous population. We will visit museums, art galleries, botanical parks, and nature reserves in and around Melbourne...
UC Davis Summer Abroad programs offer students short, intensive academic courses that are complemented with a wealth of excursions and cultural activities. All of our programs are built around UC Davis courses and are led by UC Davis faculty. Many provide opportunities for students to visit non-English speaking countries while doing their coursework in English. Class sizes are small — 18-30 students — allowing for an intimate learning experience. UC Davis Summer Abroad is open to all University of California students and students from other US institutions. Create a Study Abroad Account! Related: Summer Abroad Internships.
- Australia, "Urban to Outback"
- China, "A Taste of China"
- Japan, "Life Sciences in Japan"
- Japan, "Earthquake Hazards Mitigation in Japan"
- South Korea, "Sustainable Energy Technologies"
- Taiwan, "Literature and Film"
- Thailand, "Microbiology Lab in the Kingdom of Smiles"
- Austria, "Vienna— Crossroads of Central Europe"
- Czech Republic, "Exercise & Wellness"
- France, "Introduction to Winemaking"
- France, "Americans in Paris"
- France, "Art Studio in Paris and the French Riviera"
- France, "Fashion Marketing in Paris"
- Greece, "Travelers in Greece"
- Iceland, "Thermodynamics in the Land of Fire and Ice"
- Italy, "Engineering of Roman Construction"
- Italy, "Italian Culture and Institutions"
- Italy, "Renaissance Italy and the Birth of Modern Europe"
- Spain, "Housing and Urbanism in Barcelona"
- Spain, "Spanish Art"
- Switzerland, "The Politics of Global Inequality"
- United Kingdom, "At the Crossroads of Gender and Communication"
- United Kingdom, "Design in Britain — Inside and Outside Museum Walls"
- United Kingdom, "Oxford — Portal to Fantasy"
- United Kingdom, "Scottish Tales"
- United Kingdom, "Shakespeare — Live!"
- Austria, UK "Genetics—From Mendel to Genomes"
- UK, Sweden "Genetics—The Global Language of Biology"
- France, Switzerland, "World Cinema and the European Film Festival"
- Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, "Sustainable Cities of Northern Europe"
- Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, "Celtic Connections"
- UK, France, Italy, "The Grand Tour"
- Argentina, "Buenos Aires — Music, Film and Culture in the Global City"
- Chile, "Human Rights and Democracy in Chile"
- Cuba, "Narratives of Resistance"
- Ecuador, "Sustainable Ecuador — From the Andes to the Amazon"
- Guatemala, "Ecological and Social Issues at Lake Atitlan, Guatemala"
- Mexico, "Chiapas—Literary and Social Movements"
- Peru, "History of the Andean Region"