UC Davis Seminars Abroad Enrollment
To be eligible to participate in a UC Davis Seminars Abroad Program, you must
- Be a registered student at UC Davis—from the date of enrollment through the program end date;
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or above;
- Be in good disciplinary standing; and
- Meet any program specific requirements or prerequisites (see individual program pages for details).
NOTE: If you have not fulfilled all of the program prerequisites, you may contact email@example.com to discuss your eligibility. Although UC Davis Seminars Abroad are open only to UC Davis students, students enrolled at other colleges or universities, including those from other campuses in the University of California system, can participate in UC Davis Summer Abroad programs.
How to Enroll
To enroll in a Seminars Abroad program:
- Create a Study Abroad account.
- Fill out your profile with your programs of interest.
- Start gathering enrollment materials such as your Health Clearance and Passport Copy (instructions below).
- Start your enrollment by clicking "Apply Here" in the top menu and select a term next to your program.
- Starting on May 3rd, complete all steps of the Enrollment section, pay your $300 deposit, and submit your enrollment. The last day to enroll for open programs is July 7th.
Dates and Deadlines
|Enrollment opens||May 3|
|Information Sessions||May - June|
|Program is "confirmed" (once a program meets the minimum enrollment)||May - July|
|Book your airfare (when program is "confirmed")||May - July|
|Last day to enroll for open programs||July 7|
|Cancellation deadline—50% ASA Fee (see Cancellation Policy)||July 14|
|Cancellation deadline—100% ASA Fee (see Cancellation Policy)||August 4|
|Final day to submit outstanding health clearance and/or passport copy||August 4|
|Post-Enrollment Information Due||August 4|
|Seminars Abroad Fees Due||September 15|
A photocopy of your valid passport must be submitted with your enrollment. Please make sure that your passport will remain valid for 6 months after the day you plan to return from the program.
Don't have a passport?
That's ok! Submit a receipt as proof that you have applied for one in lieu of your passport. When you receive your passport, you must upload a copy to your enrollment right away. For more information on getting a passport, please visit the U.S. State Department website or UC Davis ARC.
Health Clearance Instructions
All students enrolling in a UC Davis Seminars Abroad program must complete the Health Clearance process. You will need to submit the forms indicated below with your enrollment.
Students are encouraged to seek a health-clearance as soon as they have determined their destination. Follow the instructions below to get this important part of your enrollment underway today!
Option 1: Online via the Student Health Center
All UC Davis students have the option of using the Student Health and Counseling Services.*
- Login to the Health-e-Messaging through the Student Health and Counseling Services website using your Login ID and passphrase.
- Enter your UC Davis student ID number.
- Click "Messages" on the Health-e-Messaging homepage
- Click "New Message" near the top of the Messages page.
- Select “Student Health Services” and click “Continue."
- Select "Request Clearance for Travel Abroad" and click "Continue."
- Respond to travel clinic country question and click "Continue."
- If yes, answer if you've completed a travel clinic appointment in the last 30 days and click "Continue."
- If no, continue answering questions below.
- Select "UC Davis Faculty-led (Summer Abroad, Quarter Abroad, Seminars Abroad)" and click "Continue."
- Follow the instructions to complete the remainder of the Health History Questionnaire.
- Follow the instructions below based on the country you will be traveling to (Non-Travel Clinic OR Travel Clinic):
|If you are traveling to a Travel Clinic Country [Argentina, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China (does not include Hong Kong or Taiwan), Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Nicaragua, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam]:||If you are traveling to a Non-Travel Clinic Country|
|You will receive an email informing you that the Health Center will contact you to schedule an in-person Travel Clinic Appointment. Print this email to PDF and upload it to your account with your enrollment in lieu of your Health Clearance. Note: You will be required to submit your final Health Clearance after your in-person appointment.||Within two weeks of submitting your Health History Questionnaire you will receive an email via Health e Messaging confirming that your information has been reviewed and you have been cleared for travel abroad. Print to PDF the entire email, including your completed Health History Questionnaire, and upload it to your enrollment.|
*If you waived Davis SHIP insurance by providing proof of private health insurance, you will be charged the full cost of any recommended vaccinations or travel medications – and should therefore seek these services from your primary care physician.
Instructions for Health Clearance Upload from UC Davis “Health-e-messaging”
- View your Health Clearance (the SECOND email you receive*)
- Click inside the text box and select all the text, including the Health History Questionnaire answers
- Copy and paste the selected text into a Word document
- Save the Word document as a PDF by selecting "Save As"
- Select a location to save your health clearance
- For "File name" enter the following this pattern: “Last name_First Name_HealthClearance”
- For "Save as type" select "PDF" from the dropdown option
- Click “Save”
- Upload your Health Clearance to your enrollment
*If you are traveling to a Travel Clinic Country, please upload the first email you receive which is proof that you have started the Travel Clinic process and will be going to a travel clinic appointment. After you attend your Travel Clinic appointment, you will receive another email from the health center that you must upload no later than the deadline specified in your enrollment.
Pick up a hard copy of your health clearance from the Student Health and Wellness Center located on La Rue Road between Hutichson Drive and Orchard Road, across the street from the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) and next to the Colleges at La Rue. Next, scan the health clearance, save the health clearance as a PDF, and upload the PDF to your enrollment.
Option 2: Paper copy via Private Physician
If you are a UC Davis student with private health insurance (i.e. you submitted a Davis SHIP waiver and receive health insurance from a private health care provider), you may choose to see your physician to complete the Health Clearance Forms. To do this, see the instructions below.
You may see your private physician or your campus health clinic to complete the Health Clearance process. In order to do this, please download and print the Health Clearance Form. Complete this form and take it with you to your appointment. Your doctor will review the information with you, talk to you about travel health issues, provide you with the required immunizations for your destination and clear you for travel abroad by signing the last page of the Health Clearance Form. It is your responsibility to submit this form with your enrollment.For information on immunization requirements, please click here.